Sunday, August 10, 2008

Half Marathon Run and Sleep!

Howdy Pilots!

Well, after many nights of poor and sometimes little sleep, Jen and I cashed it hard last night. Nine hours! I know it's not healthy to try to do "catch up" sleep. I need to get more each night than I do. Of course as I write this I am sure all of you are in bed!

Anyway, I went for a "mini" test run today and felt great! I ran 13.2 miles in a little under 92 minutes. And I didn't feel like I was pushing too hard. Just a good tempo run.

What I love about that is this: Four years ago I was prepping for my first mini and hoping for a time under 100 minutes. I ran that first mini in 90:16....great....except for the fact that I was OBLITERATED for the next five days! Pulled groin, torn up calves, and butt muscles that were very grumpy for a week......

Today I ran at a fair clip for me. Maybe not as fast as I could, but a good pace. And tonight I feel fine. A bit tight, but fine. Thank you yoga and better conditioning in my mind and body.

What do I need to work on in the next seven weeks? Meditiation. Meditation. Meditation.

Eliminating beating myself up when I "let myself down" or don't meet an expectation in life or the Project.

Accept where I am and keep kindly moving myself forward.

Jen and I are off to Europe tomorrow....after our weight workout! Send us good vibes as we keep the project flying high overseas......

Here's good vibes to all of you.....

Peace,

Rob

No comments: