Friday, August 1, 2008

Friday's Aerobic "Classic"

Hi Pilots!

Today I took a "fond" trip down memory lane.....I did my aerobic workout on the Gauntlet at my gym. If you don't know, the Gauntlet is a big machine that is basically a series of steps that revolve and fall beneath you. It is like walking or speed walking or almost jogging upstairs, except you have rails for your hands if you need the aid. And I do use the rails, but I tend to go pretty hard for an hour, so I give myself the rails to help my form a bit.....

And to add to my fun, I am mowing our lawn. One acre of fun! And yep, it's just a self-push mower. It takes about two and a half hours. Just finished about 60% and came in to change shirts and take a break. Lotsa water.

My Gauntlet experience was interesting. Very challenging. More than I expected, but it's probably because I havent done that workout in a while, and even though we've all been running fools, different workouts push you in different ways. It was great to be so challenged by it and feel like I met it head on.....no friggin' excuses!!!

Also, have to cut myself a bit of slack as I gave blood yesterday.

Speaking of that......I have to get a mass note out to folks to donate blood. Very good thing to do, and all you have to do is get in the habit of it, then it's no big deal......

Looking foreward to yoga tomorrow, then a loooooong 730 mile drive to my Mom's!!!

Peace,

Rob

No comments: